COVID-19 Information and Precautions
COVID-19 Update as of 11/30/22
We update this information frequently to ensure the safety of our residents, family, and staff. In the event of a new positive case, we immediately isolate our residents with a suspected or confirmed case. Any staff with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 + test will not return to work until they are fully recovered.
# of Positive Residents in the COVID Unit: 10
# of Staff not able to work because of a COVID + test: 1
We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information to our website
Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
Protection of all visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Restriction of all visitors (only “end of life” exceptions made)
- Restriction of all vendors (attention to social distancing recommendations)
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.